Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Summer Apart

Back in February or March, I interviewed for a position as an intern for the summer. The internship was going to be in Las Vegas and at the time, John didn't have another job. The initial interview happened on campus in Salt Lake. I didn't think the interview went all that well and I didn't think much of it. Turns out the interview went better than expected and about a month later, I was contacted for a second interview to occur in Las Vegas. At this point, John had a job in Salt Lake but I thought that the interview would at least be good interview experience, so I signed up to go.
I was flown in and out of Las Vegas on the same day and had an entire day of interviews. The position was with a public airline headquartered in Las Vegas: Allegiant Air. After a couple of interviews, I was starting to get really excited about the position. It seemed like a fun place to work and I would have the opportunity to be exposed to a lot of different areas within the audit function (which is what my Masters degree specializes in). By the end of the day, I was fairly confident that I had the position if I wanted it. John and I began discussing our options with him working in Salt Lake. A few days later, I got the offer and after a lot of talking and contemplating what our decision would mean, I signed and faxed back the offer letter. I was going to accept the position.
To make a long story short, beginning two weeks ago, John and I began our summer apart. I am driving home every two weeks so we can spend the weekend together. My first trip home was Memorial Day weekend. John had to work Saturday and Monday, but when he wasn't working, we were off doing some outdoorsy activity. I had SO much fun. I don't think I have ever crammed so much into a weekend. On top of that, with everything we DID do, we didn't feel rushed. I felt so blessed that our time together seemed to linger. It felt like I had been home more than just a weekend.

This weekend, we are going on a family vacation to Disney Land and we are both really looking forward to the time we will be able to spend together.

All in all, it's going to be a LONG summer!

2 comments:

the fritz family said...

My goodness! Who is watching the baby? WOW. I cant believe that you are able to do that!! I give you props! Miss you sweetie!

Tianna said...

Good luck!! I think I'd go crazy if I had to be away from my family that much. It must be quite the experience.