Saturday, June 26, 2010

Family at the Tide Pools!

I posted a few pictures on Rhett's blog about our time at the tide pictures (click here to see that specific blog post), but I thought I would finish posting them here.
John LOVES loves the ocean. He says he is just drawn to it. I have to admit, there is something VERY appealing about spending the day at the ocean -- even if you are not really getting into it to swim. Just being there and looking out into its vastness is something quite awesome!
We were told there were caves further down the beach... Some of our nieces and nephews wanted to go and so we started down the beach. This is the best we could come up with. Not really a cave by my standards, but the kids thought it was downright cool!
My sweet mother-in-law and me.
All the kids "accidentally" getting hit by the waves as the tide started to come back in.
My niece Emily (her brother Nate is in the background) and I sinking our feet into the sand as the waves rolled over them.
A bigger wave caught John by surprise. Rhett watch the water swarm below him from the safe distance of John's chest.
Another view of the Butler clan! The vacation was an experience to be had -- and that was without the ENTIRE family there (some of the families couldn't make it).

No comments: