Saturday, June 26, 2010

Disney Land!

We had a blast with our week at DL! All the picture of Rhett at DL will be on his website, but these are the ones that don't really fit him, but some nice shots we got of the family vacationing at DL! DL is my mother-in-laws favorite place to go for family vacation. Probably because it's a park for all ages down to the infants! Here she is below on our first day sporting her pose on King Arthur's Carousel.
And then, you can see the poses run in the family.... (by the way a LOT of Rhett's pictures were snapped at the carousel because it was by far his favorite ride -- well it may have been a toss up between this and Pirates of the Caribbean!).
I guess John's not the next King Arthur.... Sword wouldn't budge!
I had never been on the riverboat that goes around an island in the lake at Disneyland. I was excited to do something I hadn't done in my previous visits there (probably because John doesn't think this ride was the most exciting -- but add kids and there is ALWAYS an adventure! Ours was with Rhett and the stairs!)
We currently own two cameras. My Cannon Powershot that we mostly use just for video since our Cannon Rebel (our nice SRL) doesn't have that feature. However, I think my Cannon Powershot is beginning to fade on me. The picture below was taken with it and it wasn't the first picture that has streaks.... however, the fade kind of made this family picture look cool!
John and I went onto Autotopia and this was John's attempt to snap a picture of me behind him while he was driving. Of all the many tries that he took this is the ONLY one he got of me IN the picture (that is before he took pictures when we were about to get out of the cars!).

He had a better shot once we stopped moving!

Part of the Butler clan at Toon Town

Most of the grandkids with grandma and Mickey (Rhett was fast asleep).

Below was a night shot that I got of Cinderellas (?? - not sure which princess' castle it was) castle, leading to Fantasy Land. We were waiting for the fireworks to start and because it is a night shot that had the shutter open for longer than your typical snap and shoot picture, the people at the bottom of the picture are distorted, but I think it has a cool effect if done just a LITTLE better! Not bad for an armature!
Rhett liked driving the car in Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, so we had to get a picture of him "driving".
Grandma and Grandpa Butler chilling on the bench on King Arthur's Carousel.
Sporting the Mickey ears in the teacup. Getting a picture in the stationary cup was the only way we were going to get a picture of Rhett in the teacup. Otherwise, he just gets snuggly put on the bench between us and he doesn't really get scene if any pictures are taken in motion.
Grandpa and Katelynn. If looks could speak, I would say that they are expressing similar emotion because their facial expressions are fairly similar! You can just tell the LOADS of fun they are having at that moment!
Okay, so this IS Cinderella's castle (in the Storybook Land boat ride). I thought all the minitures in Storybook Land were just so darn cute, but this one was my favorite.
Most of the Butler clan on Mainstreet in Disney Land.
Isn't this just an "aw" moment? They were actually celebrating their wedding anniversary this day!
One of the Butler families (minus a few children) on the spinning teacups.
John got a picture of my mother-in-law and me in motion. Rhett's actually in the cup with us, but as I stated before, he cannot be scene.
And here is the 3d model of the original Disney Land Park
I thought the Splash Mountain model was pretty cool too!

2 comments:

Theradlife said...

I Still haven't been to Disneyland... not even once! And I even lived in California for 6 years! So Jealous. One day...

Katie said...

Looks like you had fun!My daughter, Addison, asks to go to Disneyland everyday.