Friday, May 16, 2008

Getting into Shape for Summer

So now that summer is here, I've been more active than I have this past winter. I usually run every day, but this winter I got lazy and didn't want to battle the cold (I no longer have my gym membership). So for the past week or two I have been running, playing racquetball, and going bike riding. I have had my share of sore muscles! Well yesterday, I was excited to discover that I can successfully bike from my house, which is close to downtown Salt Lake, to Bountiful - where my job is located. I was worried about going over the point of the mountain, but it really wasn't that bad. All in all, I biked about 25 miles yesterday. I was bracing myself for the sore muscles I would have today but the only thing that is sore is my BUTT! I really need to invest in one of those gel bike seats. I was always too cheap to buy one before, but maybe JUST MAYBE, there may be something to them!

No comments: