Sunday, November 1, 2009

The craftiness of us!

I haven't put anything on our blog for a while and John and I have been getting a little crafty lately, so I thought I would put up a post. John made the COOLEST wooden clock (which is currently on sale at http://www.etsy.com/). I made a patchwork skirt, an apron, and a baby sling. I'm just learning to sew and my mother-in-law has LOTS of fabric for me to practice on. So here are some of the projects I have undertook!

My patchwork skirt! I ended up wearing it for Halloween though and walking up some front steps while trick or treating with Rhett, I stepped on the botton trim of satin and tore it a little bit. I didn't finish the satin cut edge so it frayed and is rendered unfixable without replacing it with another piece of satin. Well, I guess I learned my lesson to finish or treat raw edges of satin!



This is the apron I made. I found this material and loved it. The apron turned out cute though! My only complaint is that the neck strap is a little long, so the apron hangs lower than I want it to, but that is easily fixable.



Here is the baby sling I made. My friend was raving about the one she bought, but they are a little pricey and there was a free pattern on line, so I thought I would try it out. Rate likes the hip carry on it the best but I have succeeded in getting him to sleep it it while John and I are traveling with our scrapbooking shows. I think it's more comfy than falling asleep sitting up in an Infentino carrier. Also great for nursing in public!




John's been experimenting with some wood working lately and here is a cool clock that he made that is currently in our front room. I LOVE it. He has a few more in the works but we don't have the motors or hands for them yet.


2 comments:

Tianna said...

That's awesome! I love the clock too! You and he are quite talented.

Theradlife said...

That clock is amazing! Great job John! Saria, I love the apron, and the baby sling, and the skirt....When did you get so crafty on me? You guys are one huge power couple who are going to take over the world. :) Love you guys.